How we use your information
Insomnia Coffee Company (“Insomnia, “we”, “us”, “our”) is a data controller for personal information provided by you, the data subject, (“You”, “your”) on our website. We will use this information subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and any applicable data protection legislation in Ireland and the E.U. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Privacy Statement sets out the basis on which we collect personal information from you or that you provide to us on our website www.insomnia.ie. If you have any queries in relation to our use of your information you may contact our Information Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal information collected
We collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your use of our website (including how and when you contact us, details of your visits to our website and which site you came from to ours, your Facebook and / or Twitter username if you interact with us through those channels);
- Any emails sent to us by you and any messages received through our online Contact Us form and online Contact Insomnia Treats form are recorded and forwarded to the relevant section. Your name and email address will remain visible to all staff tasked with dealing with the query;
- A CCTV system is operated on Insomnia Coffee Company premises which captures the images of customers, staff and members of the public;
- To deliver goods purchased on our online store.
Using personal information
We may use your personal information for the purposes of:
- Administering our website;
- Enabling your access to and use of the website services;
- Allowing you to apply for jobs in Insomnia;
- Facilitating Insomnia Treats programme;
- Sending you marketing communications;
- The CCTV system is operated to ensure the safety and security of our staff, customers, buildings, property, information located or stored on the premises, and assets.
Legal basis for processing
We collect and use your personal information on one or more of the following grounds:
- You have given us your consent; and / or,
- It is for the purposes of legitimate interests in our supply of a service / product to you which does not interfere with your rights and freedoms.
- Where it is necessary for the performance of contract.
Sharing your information
We share your information with third parties (“data processors”) insofar as this is necessary to fulfil our purposes as set out above and only where it is necessary to perform their specific services. For example we share your information with Rezoomo in order to allow for online job applications to be processed and we share your information with Electro Technical Services Ltd to allow them to operate and maintain the CCTV system.
In all such instances we will ensure that your information is given the appropriate level of data protection under the applicable data protection legislation and that such data processors are subject to a contractual arrangement ensuring that your information is protected. They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them. We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
Storing your information
The data that we collect from you is not generally transferred outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). In the case that Insomnia needs to transfer such data outside the EEA it will ensure that an adequate level of data protection in that country exists that is no less protective than that which is provided in Ireland
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We are committed to protecting the security of your information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your information from unauthorised access and use.
Right to access, amend and erase your information
If you would like to request access to your information or ask that we amend your information or seek an erasure of your information please contact the Information Officer email@example.com setting out as much detail as possible.
If you have consented to the use of your information you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
We hope you are happy with how we use your information but if you are not you may lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commissioner at firstname.lastname@example.org.